Admission Notice - Spring 2015 - Qarshi University
Admission open Qarshi University, Lahore for spring 2015 intake, Recognized by HEC. University is offering following programs.
- Bachelor of Eastern Medicine and surgery
- BS Computer Science
- BS Accounting and science
- BS Informatic
|History and Objectives of Qarshi University
Qarshi University is a project of Qarshi Foundation; a non-profit welfare organization funded by the family members of Qarshi group. Following in the footsteps of Qarshi Foundation, ethos of community welfare also pulsate throughout the structures of Qarshi University. A proof of this altruistic motive is the fact that Government charter and recognition from HEC were acquired years before a single student was registered. It was a solemn commitment by the Qarshi Foundation not to utilize the revenue stream generated by enrolling students and gradually build the necessary infrastructure.
Being a not for profit organization the University aims to serve the nation by providing scientific and humanistic knowledge through research and interdisciplinary approaches. To this end it aims at forming intellectually competent graduates:
- who are morally sound, committed to acting justly and open to further growth;
- who appreciate freedom of expression, imbibe right attitudes and ideologies gained through a carefully integrated curriculum of Ethics, Science and Business Management. and who achieve academic excellence through hard work, analytical thinking and effective decision making
To meet the above objectives, all the academic programs are geared to create up-to-date and upright business and social leaders who are:
- known to posses the ability to systematically think, analyze and solve problems;
- imbued with love and respect for law, country religion and fellow human beings;
- conscious of their place in an increasingly interdependent world to manifest their worth as individuals and as members of the community through hard work
Currently Qarshi University consists of following faculties:
- Faculty of Mathematics & Information Technology
- Faculty of Eastern Medicine
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
For Further Details visit us at http://www.qarshi.com/
Why Qarshi University
QU’s strategic team is working to ensure the development of the employability skills of prospective students. Achievement of this objective is the hallmark of the University. Employability refers to the knowledge & competence and how these crucial assets guarantee in getting a job and being progressive in ones professional career. Some of the employability skills include:
English Language Skills:
- Oral (Presentation Skills)
- Analytical Skills
- Effective use of qualitative and quantitative information
- Social skills
- Self-motivation and self-management
- Time management
- Planning and organizing
- Teamwork and team spirit
- Initiative and proactive
- Independence of thought
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Emotional Intelligence
- Sense of belongingness/responsibility, self confidence, self control
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Stress tolerance
- Cooperation and good work attitude
At QU, the team intends to develop these skills in the students so that they become highly valuable assets for employers and be able to contribute positively to the national well-being. Each student, when qualified, would possess specialized skills. How QU polishes its students, will actually determine what the team has worked for.
Mission and Vision
Qarshi University Grooming and Skills Development
Qarshi University is the project of Qarshi Foundation. Qarshi Foundation - the sponsoring body of the University was incorporated as a Foundation in July, 1994. A non-profit welfare organization, Qarshi Foundation is involved in philanthropic activities with focus on Health, Education and Social Welfare, thus contributing generously since its inception. The strategic objective is clear and well-defined, and emphasizes upon the overall improvement & development of the nation.
The management of the Foundation believes that no meaningful progress can be made by the country without consequential education. The Foundation sponsors schools and provides health services especially to the rural population generally denied basic health and educational facilities. It also provides material for meeting the needs of schools, gives scholarships and rewards, and interest-free loans to deserving students for higher education and technical studies.
Chartered in May 2011 in Lahore, Qarshi University (QU) aspires to be one of Pakistan’s most prestigious seats of learning. Currently, the University offers admissions to at the Bachelor’s level in Eastern Medicine, Management Sciences, Economics, and Computer Sciences & Commerce.
Distinctive leadership in quality education, human resource, research and development, and corporate social responsibility
To be a premiere source of knowledge and leadership for the achievement of marketable education, learning, and research to produce managers of change in the society based on ethics and values
The University is more than willing Te have students who not only Wish to excel academically but are also keen to contribute to the Nation - building process. Needless to say that we consider applications based only on merit. This way, we ensure their Onward movement based on their passion to learn and to advance With grace and dignity into the future.
- Department of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Eastern Medicine and Surgery
Qarshi University offers the following programs:
- Faculty of Eastern Medicine
- Bachelor of Eastern Medicine and Surgery (5 year Program)
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
- BBA (4 year Program)
- MBA (2 Year,2 ½ Year and 3 ½ Year Programs)
- Com(4 Year Program)
- BS Economics(4 Year Program) e. BS Economics & Finance (4 Year Program)
- Faculty of Mathematics and Information Technology
- BSCS(4 Year Program)
8-km Thokar Niaz baig, Canal Bank Road, Opposite lzmir Town, Lahore.
Department of Eastern Medicine
Al Hassan Plaza, 149 – Ferozpur Road, Lahore
9-Ali Block, New Garden Town, Lahore
Phone +92-42-35862940 – 35863040 – 35841396 – 35844072.
Last date to apply is 9th March 2015. For further information visit: www.qu.edu.pk or Contact 0303-4199941, 042-37499164-5.