Punjab Govt. Laptop Distribution Scheme
The Chief Minister of Punjab Shahbaz Sharif has announced Laptop Prize Distribution scheme for students. Announcement of laptop distribution was made before by education minister Rana Sana Ullah who reveal the plan of distributing laptops but haven't discussed the details at that time.
where and when laptops will distribute ? What will be the procedure ? Minimum requirements ? Minimum marks ? etc .
But now these question are clear
Objective is to distribute 100thousand laptops among same no of brilliant students of Matriculation,intermediate,bachelors,Master and MPhil ,PhS .
According to punjab Gov. " The motivation and enthusiasm behind this scheme is to help students rise above problems and hurdles they face in their endeavors to acquire education, gain knowledge and excel professionally."
One hundred thousand Laptops will be provided to following categories of youth in Punjab:
- All first year / first semester students of 4-year BS / BSc Program, Medical / Dental Colleges, Engineering Universities, Agriculture Universities, Veterinary & Animal Sciences Universities and Technology Colleges who have secured 60% or above marks in the last annual exam in case of annual examination system OR
- 70% or above marks in the last exam in case of semester system
- All first year / first semester students of 2-year Master Degree Program who have secured 60% or above marks in the last annual exam in case of annual examination system OR 70% or above marks in the last exam in case of semester system
- Last year's remaining eligible evening students will be provided laptops during this phase. Only those students will be awarded laptops who are already registered or declared eligible. No new name will be added in the existing lists.
- 100 top students of Matriculation Examination from each of the nine Provincial Boards, Technical Board & Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education.
- 400 top students each of Matric & Intermediate Exams, from other Provinces, Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan.
- New MS/ M.Phil / PhD scholars of Public Sector Institutions in the province who have secured 60% or above marks (in the last annual exam) in case of annual examination system OR 70% or above marks in the last exam in case of semester system and have not received laptops during the last year scheme.
- Top ten students in each department of the public sector Federal Universities in Islamabad and their campuses in Punjab.
- 4,000 laptops will be awarded to the students of “Deeni Madaris”. Laptops will be distributed by Auqaf Department after devising merit criteria subject to the approval by Chief Minister.
However, the following are NOT eligible for this initiative:
- MS/M.Phil/PhD scholars who are recipients of Higher Education Commission Scholarships.
- Students who are doing any kind of job (public as well as private).
- Students who have earlier received laptops in the last year’s scheme.
- Foreign nationals except students from Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Indian Occupied Kashmir.