Organizing and Planning
Making a plan for your work, or going in details of organizing a task may seem like a waste of time at first. But know that when you have a well planned schedule in hand, it will help you in studying more effectively. You will be more productive when you know how much time is left and how much time is required for a certain task. The quality of your work will improve as well. You will know what you have to do and what you have already done. You stop panicking about falling behind or leaving something on the very last minute.
Organizing and planning helps in building confidence as well, and you enjoy the work more. It helps in taking control of the things you have to do rather than things having control on you. Aim to organize your time in an effective manner, if only deadlines push you to do work you will always feel exhausted, tired and stressed out. You will not have luxury of choosing what to do at that point. On the other hand scheduling, organizing and planning will help you complete your task without stressing you out.
How to organize:
The key to it all is to impose a structure on your working time by dividing it up. The best way to organize is the one that works for you. There is no golden rule that works for everyone. These are general ideas that may help you to work out your own system for organizing your time.
- Work out how much time you have available, and when.
- List the tasks in hand.
- Work out priorities between these tasks. Which are more urgent?
- Make decisions about how long to spend on each task, and set targets for each work
- Organize pieces of work (essays, assignments, papers) into smaller, less daunting tasks.
- Stay focused.
- Don't try to do it all at once.
- Don’t neglect any of your courses, especially those you find relatively easy (or particularly
- Don’t allow yourself to be distracted. Stick to your timetable.
- Don’t procrastinate.