WHAT IS ECAT?
All candidates looking for admissions in Engineering Colleges / Universities are required to pass an Entry Test (ECAT – Engineering College Admission Test).
Students who have appeared or passed the following exams are eligible to apply for ECAT.
- OR any equivalent exam
DAE and B.Tech students should visit http://admission.uet.edu.pk for further details.
Candidates who took the following combination of subjects can appear in ECAT.
- Physics, Mathematics, English and Chemistry
- Physics, Mathematics, English and Computer Science
- Physics, Mathematics, English and Statistics
DAE and B.Tech students can only choose Chemistry as their optional subject.
SYLLABUS OF ECAT 2015
The contents of ECAT are comprised of four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Math and English of F.Sc. Pre-Engineering or equivalent level. The pattern of test is based on the criteria decided by the respective Universities & Colleges.
FORMAT OF ECAT
Format and pattern of UET Lahore ECAT Entry Test 2015:
UET Lahore has announced the official guidelines for UET Lahore ECAT entry test 2015. The Test will be comprised of the following portions.
A paragraph will be given to the students, with 10 MCQs related to the paragraph. The students will have to choose the correct options
In this portion, 30 questions will be asked and they will be related to the syllabus of F.Sc/A-Level/D.A.E. It has been clearly mentioned by UET that some questions certainly will be about Differentiation, Integration, Trigonometry and Linear Algebra, but basically your overall mathematical skills of problem solving will be tested.
In this portion, 30 questions will be asked. All the questions will be according to the syllabus of F.Sc / A-Level/ D.A.E. You are asked to clear your concepts about all the topics as many questions will be random, but questions related to Electricity and Magnetism, Mechanics, and Work and Energy will certainly be asked.
You will be asked 30 questions related to the optional subject you chose i.e. Chemistry/Statistics/ Computer Science.
Percentage of subjects in ECAT:
Physics – 30%
mathematics – 30%
English – 10%
Optional Subject – 30%
MARKING PATTERN IN UET LAHORE ENTRY TEST 2015.
Every answer carries 4 marks. So if a candidate answers every question correctly, he/she will be awarded 4 marks for it. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer, and if a candidate leaves a question, no mark will be deducted or awarded.
For example, if a candidate answers 60 questions correctly, has 20 wrong answers, and he leaves 20 questions without answering, his total marks will be:
60 x 4 + 20 x (-1) + 20 x (0) = 240 – 20 + 0 = 220 marks out of 400 total marks.
IMPORTANT POINTS FOR UET LAHORE ENTRY TEST 2015 (Question papers):
- The question paper will comprise of 5 total subjects. 3 of them will be compulsory (Physics, Mathematics and English), 2 will be optional (Chemistry and Computer Science). The students who will have Statistics as their optional subject will be given a separate question paper for their elective subject.
- Four versions of the question paper will be distributed among the candidates. There will be no difference in the questions but the placement of questions, subjects and answers will be different e.g., if one version has first 30 questions (question 1-30) of the subject of Physics, and the next 10 (question 31-40) of the subject of English, the other version will contain the Subject of English first (questions 1-10) and that of Physics after that (questions 11-40).
- There will be a separate answer sheet for every version. So you have to make sure that you get the right answer sheet for the question paper you get. The answers in each question paper will differ under the same question.
For example, if a question has the right answer “B” in one version of question paper, it may have the right answer “D” in the other version. These techniques are used to avoid copying and ensure transparency in the test process.
- An answer sheet is provided with a carbon copy. If the carbon copy gets detached from the answer sheet due to any reason, DO NOT attach it again with the answer sheet with the help of a stapler. You can take the carbon copy with you for personal record.
PROHIBITED ITEMS FOR TEST CENTER:
- Cell Phones
- Calculators of any kind
- Hand Bags
- Any kind of helping material
COMPULSARY ITEMS FOR TEST CENTER:
These items are a MUST in the test center:
- Photo ID such as National Identity Card (NIC)
- Certificate of matriculation or Inter (Part 1)
- Domicile accompanied with a computerized Form B.
- Admit Card
- Clean Clip Board
- Black Ball Pen
It is mandatory to give entry test when applying for UET Lahore or its affiliated colleges. Other public sector institutions like Punjab University, BZU Multan, UET Taxila, Islamia University Bahawalpur and some private institutions also demand Combined Entry Test (CET) conducted by UET Lahore for getting their admissions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application for Entry test:
You can get the online application form in the second week of July from http://admission.uet.edu.pk.
First make sure that you have duly filled the application form. Then take a print of the application form and the bank challan.
Entrance exam fee is 400 rupees only, which can be deposited in any branch of Habib Bank Limited (HBL) throughout Pakistan.
Candidates who do not have the facility of computers and internet can fill their online forms for admission in UET Lahore and its affiliated colleges in their nearest centers. The list of centers is given below.
Submit Application Form and Receive Admit Card:
After submitting the entrance exam fee through bank challan, you have a right to get the admit card by submitting your application form via internet while staying at home. You can also submit your application form in the nearest center of your choice and get your admit card from there.
Receiving Admit Card Online:
After you submit the exam fee through bank challan, wait for 2 to 3 days so that UET Lahore will be informed by the bank about your fee submission. Then visit http://admission.uet.edu.pk and click on “Get Online Admit Card”. Enter your tracking number and NIC number. If the university will have received your submitted fee from the bank, you will asked to upload your recent colored photograph. Then you will be asked to select your test center and you will be issued an online admit card.
Receiving Admit Card from Test Center:
The applicants must submit their applications ONLY in the exam center where they want to appear in entrance exam.
It is not necessary for applicants to appear in person in the center for the submission of application form.
Applications for UET, Kala Shah Kaku campus will be received at Lahore Campus
Applicants are directed to submit their application forms along with the following documents.
- Attested copy of computerized identity card or Form b issued by NADRA
- Two passport sized photographs. One photograph will be pasted on entrance exam application form.
- Receipt No. 1 of paid challan.
Duly filled application forms can be submitted during the office timings:
- 8:00 AM to 1 PM
- Fridays – 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Selecting Test Center:
Candidates are directed to select their exam centers near their residence and district of domicile.
Due to limited available seats, you are directed to submit your forms as early as possible, otherwise in the non-availability of seats in your desired test centers, you will have select an alternative test center.
Important Note: last date for submission of application forms will be announced soon. No application will be received after the due time and date. Incomplete applications and applications sent by post or courier will be rejected.
Attach the following documents with your ECAT application form:
- Domicile certificate with recent snap.
- Computerized National Identity Card (NIC) or Computerized B-form issued from NADRA.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree of all the exams on the basis of which admission is required (i.e. H.S.S.C, Diploma of Associate Engineer, B.Sc, B.Tech. (Pass) or equivalent).
- Detailed Marks sheet
- 6 passport size recent snaps
- The candidates having equivalent foreign qualifications (for example A-levels) are required to get Equivalence Certificate from I.B.C.C.
If the candidate is applying against the reserved seats for the Children of Foreign Pakistanis then they are required to submit the following documents
- An employment certificate (on Form-VIII) of Parents or Guardian of a candidate in a foreign country issued by the Pakistani Embassy in that country.
- A photocopy of resident visa of parents or Guardian of candidate that is attested by the Pakistani Embassy in that state.
DATE OF UET LAHORE ECAT 2015
The University of Engineering and technology (UET) Lahore will take the joint admission/entry test of the candidates on 16-8-2015 (16th August, 2015) at 10:00 AM. This is mandatory for those who are seeking and want to take admission in UET Lahore or its other affiliated colleges in B.Sc. Engineering. The UET Lahore ECAT will be taken simultaneously in 14 centers across Punjab.
CENTRES FOR ENTERANCE TEST
- University of Engineering and Technology, Main Campus, G.T. Road, Lahore. Ph # 042-99029452
- University of Engineering and Technology, Kala Shah Kaku Campus. Ph # 042-99029452
- Lahore garrison University, Main Campus, Sector C, Phase-6, Ave 4, DHA, Lahore. Ph # 0321-8899335 - 6
- Lahore Garrison University, Jinnah Campus, 52 Tufail Road, Lahore Cantt. Ph # 0321-8899335 – 6
- University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila. Ph # 051-9047427 , 9047412
- International Islamic University, Islamabad. Ph # 051-9019465
- College of Engineering and Technology, Bahauddin Zakariya, University, Multan.
Ph # 061-9210051
- NFC Institute of Engineering and Technology, Khanewal Road, Multan.
Ph # 061-99220012 ext 4444
- College of Engineering, Islamia University, Bahawalpur. Ph # 062-9255474
- Government College of Technology, Rahim Yaar Khan. Ph # 068-9230025
- NFC Institute of Engineering and Fertilizer Research, Faisalabad.
Ph # 041-9220355-7, ext 142, 107
- University of Gujrat, Gujrat. 053-3643331
- Government College of Technology, Rasul. Ph # 0546-553216
- A. Q. Khan Institute of Technology, Mianwali. Ph # 0459-371001, 371111
PREPAPRE YOURSELF FOR THE TEST
TEST YOURSELF NOW – CLICK HERE
GO ACE THE TEST
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH US AND BE A ZAHANAT AMBASSADOR
CHECK YOUR RESULT EXCLUSIVELY AT ZAHANAT.COM
UET LAHORE entrance test result will be announced on 31st August, 2015 at midnight. You can check the results at www.zahanat.com.