The film Industry can play a vital role in the growth of the society but our film industry is ignorant of the fact that the type and quality of the movies they make not only disrupts the values of the society but also ruins the future of the teens. The themes of the Pakistani and Indian movies are way out of our league. They’re not even near what we need as a society. There’s no doubt that cinemas could be used for effective communication, to deliver a message but what we have to focus on is what message we’re delivering.
The easy access to the cinemas nowadays, and the increasing number of young movie lovers is affecting our society. Teens tend to grow more quickly and learn things quickly now because of the exposure they’re provided. Parents fail to monitor their kids like they should. Government is not playing its role in prohibiting teens’ access to such places and the high penetration of the pirated movies and access to the internet all provide access to youth destruction.
I believe, teens should realize the power of such movies and cinemas but use it for their own benefit. Like schools should make kids watch productive movies, documentaries and biographies. There are many short films made by Hollywood from which kids could benefit and learn. Short films, documentaries, they all help us learn and gain something positive out of them but the media and the need to earn profits have demoralized our society.
There’s no doubt that media has an adverse affect on the thinking and maturity of the teens but the point is, what to do about it? No one is going to get up and change the system. It’s us who has to take the responsibility. How can teens benefit from movies and yet be able to enjoy the time of silliness to its peak? This could be achieved by realizing the importance of their future and actually looking out for themselves. If I tell you that by watching healthy movies, you can actually grow into a better person, would you believe that? Hardly, but that’s true. We act upon things we see, observe and feel. So it’s ideal for us to go for things that would benefit us rather than go after things that would ruin our future.
Tips for Teens:
- Inspiration: Yes, movies that involve heroic transformation of a simple, ordinary man into a success tends to motivate us to believe that ordinary people like us are capable of becoming someone. So watch movies that provide a positive inspiration.
- Awareness: Movies that focus on social issues tend to create awareness among the society. I don’t suggest you to go for movies that are fully loaded with such issues but chose the ones that are suitable for you, like, some movie that focuses on kids’ issues in struggling through school etc.
- Entertainment: This is the perfect place where you can enjoy and have fun but be sure to choose the content wisely. Watch animated cartoon movies that bring peace, laughter and happiness instead of fights and wars.
- Keep a balance: Always keep a balance in the time you spend having fun and doing productive stuff.
- Parents Monitoring: You don’t always have to be monitored. Today’s teens are more responsible and aware of their surroundings thus they have a better insight to what is right and what’s wrong for them and others. So, take responsibility of what you do and how you do it. Tell your parents how good you are!